Tuesday 29 October 2019

United States of America - South Carolina

In my World envelope collection I do not just want to have envelopes from stamp-issuing countries and territories, but also from other regions. This includes the 50 states of the United States of America. This envelope comes from the state of South Carolina, lying in the Southeastern region of the United States. It was the 8th state, admitted in 1788.

The stamps were affixed by me and come from the Flags of our nation, State birds and Greetings series and the stamp commemorating the 200th anniversary of statehood. I sent the envelope to the post office in the capital Columbia to be postmarked. It arrived back in just seventeen days with very nice datestamps, but unfortunately there was a giant machine cancellation put over my stamps.

Date sent: 5 June 2017
Date postmark: 13 June 2017
Date received: 22 June 2017
Number of days: 17
Envelope in collection: 186



No comments:

Post a Comment