Friday 3 August 2018

Germany - Dortmund (datestamp)

I was already collecting the datestamps of German Philatelie-Shops, when I came across a normal German datestamp at the stamp exhibition in Lichtenvoorde (Netherlands). Here Deutsche Post was represented with a mobile post office. Normally events in the Netherlands are attended by the Erlebnis Briefmarken‑team from Bochum, which lies between Essen and Dortmund. In a mobile post office there is always a datestamp present for those collectors that want cancelled stamps. For some reason the Bochum team always carries the same datestamp from Dortmund. What the letters kn in the datestamp meant, the man could not tell me.

Fortunately I carry always spare envelopes with my name and address with me. I put the new definitive 90 cent stamp from the flower series on it and asked for a cancellation on the stamp and on the left hand side. Since I still had to print the country and city names on the envelope, the datestamp could not be too high up. Just five days later the envelope arrived at my home.

Date sent: 19 May 2017
Date postmark: 19 May 2017
Date received: 24 May 2017
Number of days: 5
Envelope in collection: 106




1 comment:

  1. Hello Maxim,
    kn is the distinguishing letter... it starts from a.z, then aa,ab,ac etc.
    1 is the postoffice numer... in this case 1=central postoffice

    ReplyDelete