Saturday 11 August 2018

United States of America - Nebraska

In my World envelope collection I do not just want to have envelopes from stamp-issuing countries and territories, but also from other regions. This includes the 50 states of the United States of America. This envelope comes from the state of Nebraska, lying in the Midwestern region of the United States as well as in the Great Plains. It was the 37th state, admitted in 1867.

The stamps were affixed by me and come from the Flags of our nations and Greetings series and a stamp commemorating the 150th anniversary of statehood. I sent the envelope to the post office in the capital Lincoln to be postmarked. To my surprise the envelope did not arrive back with a normal Lincoln datestamp, but with a commemorative postmark for the 150th anniversary of Nebraska statehood which was dated two months before I sent my envelope to Lincoln. The post office returned the envelope inside a glassine envelope, thus protecting it from getting a machine cancellation.

Date sent: 5 May 2017
Date postmark: 1 March 2017
Date received: 24 May 2017
Number of days: 19
Envelope in collection: 107




No comments:

Post a Comment