Saturday 17 August 2019

United States of America - Texas - Earth

Looking through a list of post offices I noticed that there is a town called Earth in Texas, United States. The US Postal Service has issued a number of 'global forever' stamps for sending international letters. One of these stamps shows Earth, so I seemed a nice combination.

I sent and envelope to the postmaster at the Earth Post Office with a request for a datestamp. Fifteen days later it came back to me with an Earth postmark but unfortunately with the terrible wavy lines from the sorting center. It was still a nice cover, but I was a bit disappointed.

Nowadays I use the image of the stamp with postmark and wavy lines in my letters to US post offices in the hope they will be careful when sending my envelopes back to me.

The Earth post office is located at 105 N Amherst Road in Earth TX 79031-9803 (Google maps says Amherst Street, but the USPS Location Finder gives Amherst Road).

Date sent: 15 May 2017
Date postmark: 22 May 2017
Date received: 30 May 2017
Number of days: 15
Envelope in collection: 124




(Google Street View)

No comments:

Post a Comment