Friday 16 August 2019

United States of America - Wisconsin

In my World envelope collection I do not just want to have envelopes from stamp-issuing countries and territories, but also from other regions. This includes the 50 states of the United States of America. This envelope comes from the state of Wisconsin, lying in the Midwest and Great Lake regions of the United States. It was the 30th state, admitted in 1848.

The stamps were affixed by me and come from the Flags of our nations and Greetings series and a stamp commemorating the 150th anniversary of statehood. I sent the envelope to the post office in the capital Madison to be postmarked. It arrived back not with an ordinary Madison postmark as I had hoped for, but with a special postmark celebrating the 90th anniversary of the transatlantic flight of Charles Lindbergh. The postmark shows his plane and a 'skyline' of Paris with all the famous monuments. In the future I will have to try again to get a Madison postmark.

Date sent: 5 May 2017
Date postmark: 9 April 2017
Date received: 30 May 2017
Number of days: 25
Envelope in collection: 123


No comments:

Post a Comment