Wednesday 14 June 2017

United States of America - Arkansas

In my World envelope collection I do not just want to have envelopes from stamp-issuing countries and territories, but also from other regions. This includes the 50 states of the United States of America. This envelope comes from the state of Arkansas, lying in the southeastern region of the United States. It was the 25th state, admitted in 1836.

The stamps were affixed by me and come from the Flags of our nations and Greetings series, a stamp commemorating the 150th anniversary of statehood and the Arkansas stamp from the 1981 State Bird & Flower series. I sent the envelope to the post office in the capital Little Rockto be postmarked. The envelope arrived back inside a large protecting envelope with two beautiful postmarks from USPS Little Rock Main Office Station. The envelope protected my stamps from the terrible wavy lines that end up on so many of my envelopes.

Date sent: 1 May 2017
Date postmark: 10 May 2017
Date received: 18 May 2017
Number of days: 18
Envelope in collection: 79




No comments:

Post a Comment