Sunday 14 May 2017

Philosateleian Post

In my envelope collection I also include local post operators. My first local envelope comes from the Philosateleian Post in San Antonio, Texas, USA. Founded by Kevin Blackston in 2004, the Post carries letters to the nearest USPS post office or another receptacle on weekdays. The Post started in Jacksonville, Florida, but moved to Georgia later in 2004 and is now based in Texas.

The Philosateleian Post issues special stamps regularly, one to three times a year, and offers them for free to stamp collectors. All you have to do is send a stamped self-addressed envelope to the owner and he'll put one of his beautiful stamps on it.

I did exactly that, although my envelope was not stamped. I sent an International Reply Coupon with my letter and got a perfectly cancelled envelope in return. And not only that, but in it was a very nice personal note and a mint copy of the same stamp that he put on the envelope. This is a service that every postal administration can take an example to.

Website of the Philosateleian Post: philosateleia.com/post.

Date sent: 17 April 2017
Date postmark: 26 April 2017
Date received: 2 May 2017
Number of days: 15
Envelope in collection: 24





No comments:

Post a Comment