Monday 22 May 2017

Germany - ATM stamps 2008 - Post Tower Bonn

ATM stamps are not my specialty and not a necessary part of my World envelope collection, but sometimes I come across the possibility of sending an envelope with an ATM stamp on it and then I can't resist it.

Germany issued its first Automatenmarken in 1981. The sixth series is from 2008 and has two designs: the Brandenburger Tor in Berlin and the Post Tower in Bonn (Deutsche Post headquarters). When I visited Essen in May 2017 I wanted to post some letters as soon as I arrived. The philately window was closed because of a lack of staff so I got some ATM stamps instead. I miscalculated and I was left with one stamp for the international tariff. I stuck it on a blank addressed envelope I always carry with me and put it in the mailbox.

The stamp I had was one with the Post Tower on it. Of course I should have made sure to have both designs for my collection, but I thought of that when it was too late. The envelope arrived only two days later after being cancelled at the Essen sorting centre.

Date sent: 10 May 2017
Date postmark: 10 May 2017
Date received: 12 May 2017
Number of days: 2
Envelope in collection: 36



No comments:

Post a Comment