Thursday 18 May 2017

United States of America - Indiana

In my World envelope collection I do not just want to have envelopes from stamp-issuing countries and territories, but also from other regions. This includes the 50 states of the United States of America. This envelope comes from the state of Indiana, lying in the midwestern region of the United States. It was the 19th state, admitted in 1816.

The stamps were affixed by me and come from the Flags of our nations and Greetings series, with a stamp commemorating the 200th anniversary of statehood. I sent the envelope to the post office in the capital Indianapolis to be postmarked. The envelope arrived back with an unreadable Indianapolis machine cancellation that left one stamp without a postmark. I found this rather disappointing after the good experiences with other states. It seems to be normal in the United States to leave stamps on envelopes uncancelled. Maybe I will try Indiana again later.

Date sent: 14 April 2017
Date postmark: unreadable
Date received: 9 May 2017
Number of days: 25
Envelope in collection: 31



No comments:

Post a Comment